Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The power of Jesus

In most things in our world, when something dirty comes in contact with something clean, what happens? Does the dirty object over take the clean or vice versa? Obvious answer to most people - the clean object becomes dirty. 

Not so with Jesus. He came into our dirty, sinful world. He came clean and holy into a sinfully, dirty mess. He was unchanged. Instead, He transformed us and conquered sin and death. 

So why do I often give more power to my sin, failures, struggles etc than I do the power of Jesus?? Seems dumb. It is foolish to say the least. 

God is the hero of our redemption stories. 

He is unchanged by us or our mess-ups. 

I am not the villain. Satan is. 

I am a wounded saint who has been given everything in Christ (Ephesians 1).  

God's promises hold true even if I doubt or have unbelief. He is faithful as a covenant-keeping God even when I am unfaithful. 

He loves us and wants to be our God, walking with us each day. 

What a mighty God we serve. Celebrate who He is today. Confess your unbelief. Rejoice in Him. Run to Him. Enjoy Him. Believe Him. Serve Him. Stand in awe of Him. Selah



No comments:

Post a Comment