Monday, July 28, 2014

Adultery Recovery Truth

Truth: For many years, as Amy's husband and as a Christian, I neglected her need and desire for unconditional love, acceptance, grace, service, protection, and faithfulness. Then, to top it all off, I betrayed her. If I ever would have thought that she should be "over it" quickly and without serious struggle, then I would have been harsh and unloving even more.

Three years later, I still do NOT expect her to be "over" it or not have hard days from time to time. I never want to minimize the pain I have caused her. May God, through His Holy Spirit and Son, continue to work in and through me to love and be loved and share His gospel message with a lost and dying world.

A busted heart takes time to heal. Let God do His healing work in your spouse AND in you - as long as it takes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment