Wednesday, August 20, 2014

It's time to take action

It seems that everything I am listening to and reading lately is emphasizing "action." I have been reading, studying, listening to audios, and being filled up with truth and information for three years, but I haven't been as active as I'd like. I've been busy no doubt. BUT, It's time to act in accordance with His will and purposes, not just "survive" or face despair. I may have a limp, but at least I can still move forward!

It's time to walk in obedience, freedom, truth, joy, confidence, and hope. Jesus is calling me out of the boat to trust Him. I have placed too much security in the boat, but the crazy thing is, the boat isn't secure. The boat can sink, rock, tip over, be filled with water, and more. Only Jesus is secure. He is unshakable. He holds all things together. I've missed out on so much peace and enjoyment of Him by focusing too much on my inadequacies and the "boat" (circumstances).

My friends and family lovingly reminded me of this. Scripture reminds me of this. My declining bank account reminds me of this. My fading hope reminds of this. My fear and doubt reminds of this. My need to feel significant and productive and lead my family well reminds me of this.

INFORMATION -----> TRANSFORMATION ------> APPLICATION.

I am seeking diligently to be filled with God's joy, wisdom, and to make better provision for family, while being a light in this world, starting with my home. I have felt "worse than an unbeliever" by not providing well for my family, but it's time to act. I don't know exactly what God has in store in for me, but I know it's going to be better than what I can imagine or think up. His promises still stand true. He can still use me for good. He is good like that. I want to let Him do all He wants to do so that His name is honored and people are drawn to Him.

It's bigger than me, my bank account, my family, and my situation. It is about His Kingdom and His glory and His salvation. When I see beyond myself and look to Him, the fog begins to fade and my passion and purpose in life begins to be more clear. 

This morning I was able to worship and praise Him while walking/jogging. Yesterday I worshiped Him while weed eating and mowing with a friend.God is steadily speaking into me. I realized, though, that He has been all along. I was just too distracted to hear Him clearly. I was focusing on the wrong things. I was so down and discouraged and inwardly focused that I missed Him. I despised myself and my circumstances so much that I missed hearing Him and delighting in Him.

Today I feel lighter, freer and more joyful. My situation hasn't changed a whole lot this week, and there are some major concerns I have about provision, etc. However, I am working hard to stay focused on Him and His grace. He is sufficient. He knows my need. He is at work. I want to trust Him and get active. Something good is going to happen soon. I don't know how God is going to come through, but I am trusting  He will in His time and His way. Am I ready to receive it? I SURE HOPE SO!
______________________________________________________________
Habakkuk 2:1 (NASB)
I will stand on my guard post
And station myself on the rampart;
And I will keep watch to see what He will speak to me,

No comments:

Post a Comment