Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Three Years Ago...

Today is the three year anniversary of our marriage earthquake. What was evil and deeply hurtful, God has used for good. It is a day that represents both darkness and freedom. The dark days are getting further away, though we still hit lows and valleys. They are lows and valleys that are about spiritual and emotional pruning that challenge us greatly, but God has strengthened us each time we got through it. 

Amy and I are closer than ever. God enabled us to experience more joy over the past week than we have in a while. Today was a stressful day with work and life's "to-do's" but we are still celebrating. I did not get to see or talk to Amy like I hoped today due to work, etc, but I am still overflowing with gratitude. God spoke to her and me last week in POWERFUL ways. He's good. The week before I had hit such a low place spiritually that I wasn't sure I would come out of it. What a mighty God we serve.

We aren't over "IT" but God is getting us THROUGH it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment