Saturday, June 28, 2014

Camp and A Long Lost Passion

Amy and I just got back from a week of camp, with our two boys and their children's ministry group. It was an incredible experience - for many reasons. It awoke a passion in me for children's ministry that has been stalled and dormant for many years. In 2011, I honestly never expected to get the opportunity (or to even want to), do camp or anything related to children's ministry. I also never thought I would be worthy or able to do it.

I don't fully know what to do with this new found passion (or long lost passion). I have moments of fear and regret that swarm me due to my awful past. At the same time, I have feelings of excitement, humility, and gratitude that God is still working in me. I don't know where this will lead, but I am praying that God will guide it, bless it, protect it, and be honored in it - whatever "it" is or could become.
___________________________________________________
Galatians 5:1
It is for freedom that Christ has set you free; therefore do not be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

No comments:

Post a Comment