Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Awesome reminders this morning

As I read this morning in a study I am doing with a group of men, the powerful truths of God were brought back to my mind. God seems to speak exactly what we need, when we need it; if I would but listen more and seek Him more fully.

The two awesome reminders this morning are:

1) My Heavenly Father knows what I need, even before I ask. I don't have to try to "figure it out." In relationship with Him daily, and in His way and time, He will show me. Do I trust Him with this truth? Not always, but when I do, my life has much different meaning and more joy.
Matthew 6:7-8, NASB
“And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words. So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.
2) He alone provides full satisfaction. The world can't fulfill the desires of my soul. When I trust that He is good and can fully satisfy, I will not walk away disappointed. I have tried living off the "junk" of the world, and was disappointed every time. Not so with the LORD.
Psalm 34:8-10, NASB
O taste and see that the Lord is good;
How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!
O fear the Lord, you His saints;
For to those who fear Him there is no want.
10 The young lions do lack and suffer hunger;
But they who seek the Lord shall not be in want of any good thing.
I need these reminders daily. The LORD has so many truths that He wants us to rest in and trust. We will never get weary of His ways when we "taste and see that the LORD is good." We will stop believing the lies of the world, and fully embrace Him. I believe, Lord, help my unbelief!
____________________________________________________________________
Psalm 27:4, NASB 
One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
To behold the [a]beauty of the Lord And to [b]meditate in His temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment