Friday, December 27, 2013

Deer Camp With The Boys

For the past two days I have been at our family land with my two boys, my two nephews, my brother in law and my dad. The boys love to come here and experience country living (well, somewhat country living). 

4 wheeler riding, Bon fires, armadillo hunting, squirrel hunting, deer hunting, wrestling, grilling hamburgers/hot dogs, shooting guns and just being in the outdoors and not stuck inside with an electronic "babysitter."  Even our dog loves it here!

Though we occasionally have to tell them to "be careful" due to the many dangers of the farm and ATVs, overall it's very easy and they do well. Hopefully they are learning many lessons. Even seeing millions of stars last night is a reflection of Gods awesome creation. 

Unfortunately, I briefly got upset yesterday morning with my two boys and wish I would have reacted more gently. Thankfully I asked The Lord to intervene and help me choose a more lovingly and gracious attitude. He answered and the rest of the day was great. My momentary "irritableness" came and went very quickly. That "irritability" monster shows up at random times. I wish it to be dead but since it may not, I wish to take it captive unto Christ quickly!

Today we head back home after a morning squirrel hunt. I am ready to shave and get a hot shower. Plus, sleeping in my own bed will be great, especially since I am ready to see Amy. I've missed her. 

God is very good to us. I often miss His acts of kindness in the daily experiences of life. However, when I recognize them and receive them well, then I am blessed and my trust and delight in Him is strengthened. 
--------------------------------------
Matthew 3:16-17 (NIV)

"As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lightning on Him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is My Son, whom I love; with Him I am well pleased."


No comments:

Post a Comment