Tuesday, April 15, 2014

2 Important Questions

The book, The True Measure of a Man, asked these two questions in chapter 3:

How do I want to be remembered?

What do I want my life to have been about once it is over?

These put things in perspective for me. I want to be remembered for a lot of things that are good, though in many ways, I still have behind me a lot of not so positive things. Thankfully I still have the opportunity to write new chapters in my story, chapters that are more honoring to God and help others. 

I don't know how much time I have on this earth, but I hope to allow God to shine through me. I want to be a "difference maker," and quietly help people (especially my family) find hope, purpose, and experience all God has in store for them. To do so, I need to have hope, purpose and pursue Christ daily, and allow Him to transform my heart and mind. 

Adultery is a terrible sin that causes intense pain and suffering. I wish I could rewind my life and undo the path I took. I can't, but now I thankfully can let God use it for good. We hear nearly every week about another couple facing adultery. It's heart breaking. Therefore, if Amy and I can help others find hope and direction, then we want to do our best to speak into them. 

If I die and people miss seeing what God did in and through me, then I will have not done all that I hoped to do. I want to be missed by my loved ones and friends, no doubt. However, the reunion in heaven is what will make it all worthwhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment