Friday, April 18, 2014

Struggles and God's Purpose

"What could we be blind to that might lead God to try and make a breakthrough in our lives? In Jeremiah 22:21 we read: 
"I spoke to you in your prosperity. But you said, 'I will not listen!' This has been your practice from your youth, that you have not obeyed My voice." 
Could this be true of us? 

Some of life's most sacred truths can be learned only as we walk through our individual storms in life. We all have them. Yet all we ever seem to want is relief and comfort. We demand instant solutions, but what we fail to recognize is that although God can solve all of our problems, instant solutions are not important to Him. What is important to Him is how we respond to our struggles."
Richard E. Simmons, III, The True Measure of a Man
___________________________________________________________
I am holding on to the fact that God is working on me and is up to something, for a bigger purpose than I know or realize. Will I persevere, trust, delight in Him, be obedient, and let Him do all He wants to do in and through me? I hope so. Lord willing, I will become stronger, more humble, more grateful, and more mature in Him through all of these struggles, most of which I caused myself. He is gracious to even let me work through them to something greater. What a mighty God we serve. It is truly a GOOD FRIDAY.
___________________________________________________________

1 Peter 2:24, New American Standard Bible (NASB)

24 and He Himself [a]bore our sins in His body on the [b]cross, so that we might die to [c]sin and live to righteousness; for by His [d]wounds you were healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment