Monday, May 5, 2014

Pay the Price or Enjoy the Benefits

Recently I listened for a 2nd time to a CD by Zig  Ziglar called, "Born to Win." Excellent stuff. He's been an inspiration to millions throughout his life. I have heard about him for years, but for some reason I never read a book or listened to an audio by him until this year. I missed out on a blessing for sure.

The audio is full  of rich material, but one particular thought he shared is (paraphrase):
You don't pay the price for success. You pay the price for failure. You enjoy the benefits of success as you work toward it every day. 
Isn't that so true? Failure comes with a high price. Not working on personal and spiritual development every day comes with a high price. Giving into sin, shame, doubt, fear, temptation, etc. comes with a high price.

Success, trust, obedience, and personal growth in Christ, however, reaps tremendous benefits. Living in Christ's truth and freedom is way more enjoyable and a blessing. I've paid the high price for failure. I've seen the enjoyment of personal development and letting Christ work in and through me. I prefer the enjoyment side much more than the failure side for sure!

I am still living with consequences from my years of sin. I am also in the slow process of overcoming years of spiritual and personal neglect. I want to enjoy the benefits of success, even if it takes years. This is easier to type than it is to live out, so I have to go back to THE SOURCE daily.
________________________________________________

Colossians 3:25, Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)


25 For the wrongdoer will be paid back for whatever wrong he has done, and there is no favoritism.

Galatians 5:1, Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Christ has liberated us to be free. Stand firm then and don’t submit again to a yoke of slavery.


No comments:

Post a Comment