Friday, October 25, 2013

All is Grace

Grace: unmerited (unearned favor, blessing). It is humbling to realize how much grace God has shown me. He has given grace that I don't deserve or could ever earn.  He owes me nothing; nothing else. Every day is a gift. I pray I see through His eyes all that happens - good and pleasant AND difficulty and suffering. I pray I respond with thanksgiving, gratitude, and let Him mold and shape me in whatever manner He sees fit.

He is good. Always. May I never forget. Ever.

Words from One Thousand Gifts, chapter 5, Ann Voskamp
All God makes is good. Can it be that, that which seems to oppose the will of God actually is used of Him to accomplish the will of God? Who would ever know the greater graces of comfort and perseverance, mercy and forgiveness, patience and courage, if no shadows fell over a life? Without God's Word as a lens, the world warps. 
Who deserves any grace? 
When I realize that it is not God who is in my debt but I am in His great debt, then doesn't all become gift? For He might not have.
I awaken to the strange truth that all new life comes out of the dark places, and hasn't it always been? And grace that chooses to bear the cross of suffering overcomes that suffering. The dark can give birth to life; suffering can deliver grace.
What in the world, in all this world, is grace? I can say it certain now: All is grace. I see through the woods of the world: God is always good and I am always loved. God is always good and I am always loved. Everything is eucharisteo.

Job 2:10, The Message (MSG)
10 He told her, “You’re talking like an empty-headed fool. We take the good days from God—why not also the bad days?”
Not once through all this did Job sin. He said nothing against God.

No comments:

Post a Comment