Monday, February 17, 2014

Another fallen minister

News headline from last week...

Metro area youth pastor arrested on gratification charges (UPDATE)


Charges involve a young church member in his care at one point


I just heard about this youth minister in Mississippi who was arrested last week. He is 34 years old, a father, and a husband. He taught youth and Bible at a church and private Christian school. Pray for him, for his wife and children, the community, unbelievers, and for the boy (or boys) involved. I don't know him personally or the details of his situation, but I imagine it is very difficult for them as a couple, the youth and children he served, and so many more. 

Maybe the charges are not valid and it's a misunderstanding. Maybe it's real and he is facing jail time. I don't know. Regardless, I hope he experiences God's grace and discipline, and comes through on the other side stronger, whole, and more humble. 

It is sad to keep hearing about ministers, pastors, counselors, Christ followers, and really, anyone, who have committed some sort of sexual sin. These incidents reminds me of the mess I caused. It's very sobering, sad, and humbling. I hope and pray that it becomes less of an issue among Christians. Change starts with me. I need to stay close to Christ, while praying for others and doing my part to strengthen the body of Christ. We need each other for sure! It's not a "solo" project.
__________________________________________________________________________
2 Chronicles 16:9a, (NIV)
For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment