Saturday, February 22, 2014

Surrender = Delight

My realization more and more is in order to live out Psalm 37:4 (delight in The Lord), I must surrender. 

The more I surrender (I.e. Trust, submit) my will and ways, the greater my delight in The Lord and His ways, plans and personhood. 

The less I surrender, the less I enjoy Him. It's a direct correlation. When I focus more on my performance, His blessings, my circumstances, etc., than on Him and who He is, I miss the opportunity to grow, delight, and experience His goodness. 

I have a long way to go. But, I am glad I am on the path of growth. For a majority of my life I was not growing. I was stuck in self-hatred, negativity, pride and selfishness. With that came very little delight. 

Now, I want to dream and hope for His best and not let my preferences hinder that from happening. I want my dreams and goals to align with His will; not collide or contradict one another.

I ran and saw this today. He is good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment