Wednesday, February 12, 2014

What will we be doing on that day?

I have heard numerous stories of people around our community and many others who have either been unfaithful to their spouse, or are currently doing so and refusing to get help or admit it. It's sad to hear about, especially when they are church people and/or Christians. For years, that was me. Those were some very dark years that I wish I could undo. I wish I would have been a loving husband, active father, and faithful Christ follower. Sadly, I wasted a lot of God's grace and time with my family. I hope these men and women who are living that same lie and life will wake up and let God do something big.

After recently reading Matthew chapter 24, it was quite an eye opening and sobering reminder that one day Jesus is coming back to get His followers and children. What a glorious day that will be, for the ones who remain faithful to the end and trust Him. I hope that's me and you. After reading the chapter, I wondered, "What will I be doing when he returns?" I hope and pray that I will be living a life of praise and worship, and faithfulness to Him. I pray that I will not be in sin and living a life of dishonor, especially the way I was prior to August 26, 2011.

What will you be doing on that day? What will I be doing on that day? None of us knows for sure, so that's why today is a gift, a present, a day to celebrate and rest in His goodness. Each day is a day to prepare, anticipate, confess, repent, delight, abide, and seek Him. It is a day to love others and be the best we can as parents, spouse's, leaders, followers, owners, stewards, and friends.

I wasted so many years living in the "far country" and surrendering to the lie of the evil one. I settled for "junk food." Today is the day to stop wallowing in the mud and muck of sin and start running in His freedom. Man, I want that! I want to do that more fully! I want to keep striving and keep trusting in Him! He can do HUGE things in and through us - I am the hold up, not Him! It's a journey and a process worth pursuing, one day at a time. Thank you Lord for never leaving us to ourselves!

Check out the chapter in Matthew 24 that is either a warning or a hopeful promise - depending on our faithfulness to Him.
________________________________________________________

Matthew 24:42-44 (NASB)

Signs of Christ’s Return

42 “Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming. 43 But [af]be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be [ag]broken into. 44 For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will.

No comments:

Post a Comment