Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Give it Time

Looking back on the first two years of our recovery, I remember how many days and months I felt like I would never be able to hold my head up and not feel so ashamed, confused, overwhelmed, desperate for God to heal me and lead me, and on and on. Now, I am starting to feel more free and clearer in my thinking. I never want to stop feeling the weight of my sin or forget how good God has been. However, I want to continue to deepen as a Christ follower, husband, father, and friend.

God has shown me that the best healing path is a slow, steady pruning of my heart, fears, shame, self-hatred, and growth. He could have wiped away all of the pain and consequences. He could have wiped me out, too! Instead, He humbled me and started the process of helping me heal and grow. What a privilege it is to have God take the time to work in and through you. I consider it an honor and want to take it all in, one day at a time.

Whenever I start to wonder if I am growing or God is still at work, I try to fill my mind with His truth and wisdom. God still speaks to us through people, circumstances, and the Bible. What a blessing. He is calling us to trust His daily bread and not quit. He is with us, "always to the end." That is our hope. That is our confidence.

You don't have to change that much for it to make a great deal of difference. A few simple disciplines can have a major impact on how your life works out in the next 90 days, let alone in the next 12 months or the next three years. Jim Rohn

________________________________________________________________

Galatians 6:8-9, (NASB)

For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.

No comments:

Post a Comment