Friday, June 21, 2013

14 Ways to Affair Proof Your Marriage

Adultery has run in my family for several generations. I am not sure how far back it goes on my fathers side, but it has occurred in at least three generations: My grandad, my dad and now me. 

I am determined to do all I can to end it with me. I don't want my children to go down that same destructive path. I want to fall on my face before God and pray that He will turn their hearts toward him and away from sin and the world. 

Amy and I want to love, guide and parent all three of our children in a way that leads them to a loving, growing relationship with Christ. We want our children to find their identity and security in Christ and be well grounded in Gods truth. 

We know that our relationship with our children and to each other will shape how they view and relate to God and others. This is a responsibility we don't want to take lightly. Our marriage and recovery is a crucial piece of the "puzzle." 

Ideally, LESS marriages in our society, especially among Christians, will suffer from adultery. It has long lasting consequences and contradicts Gods desire and plan for marriage. 

Prevention is the best option. Here is a link to an article called "14 Ways to Affair-Proof Your Marriage." It is a check-list that will give you an overview of things to wrestle with and consider in your own life and marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment