Friday, July 19, 2013

Happy 6th Birthday, Claire!

Happy Birthday, Claire!I love you, my baby bop. I hope you have an awesome birthday!

Today is her 6th birthday. Wow! It's hard to believe. She's a sweet, joyful, tough little girl, who is growing up fast!

I am reminded today what I could have lost two years ago when all the junk came out. Had things turned out differently, the past two years would have been ROUGH! Not getting to live with Amy and my children, and having to see them much less frequently, living life at a distance - I can't fathom it. Thank God I don't have to!

I am not real sure how I would have done it. The thought of it scares me to death. I struggle to have to be gone from them even one day.  I can't comprehend it occurring on a daily basis. I feel for those who live that way.

Claire is one of the many blessings I have in my life, that I took for granted and put at risk for many years. Oh, Lord, thank you for not letting me destroy myself and for not giving me what I deserved. I am humbled and amazed. It's because of You I can be at home this morning, waiting on her to wake up so I can embrace her with a birthday hug.

Proverbs 14:26 (The Message)
The Fear-of-God builds up confidence,
    and makes a world safe for your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment