Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wisdom = Life

I have been praying for various things this year, but this week, I have realized what I need to pray for most is WISDOM. Proverbs 8 and 9 re-opened my eyes and reminded me of this valuable truth.

Proverbs 8:35-36 (The Message) concludes by saying, "When you find me, you find life, real life, to say nothing of God's good pleasure. But if you wrong me, you damage your very soul; when you reject me, you're flirting with death." For the whole chapter, click here. It's worth reading and applying for sure.

Throughout my life, I have been so foolish in lots of ways. I am tired of creating more problems in my life than necessary. Instead of making decisions out of selfishness, pride, fear, desperation, and ignorance, I want to make decisions based on God's wisdom. The outcome is way better. 

I need desperately wisdom as a ...
  • Father
  • Husband
  • Leader of my home
  • Child of God
  • Counselor
  • Friend
  • Son
I need wisdom on how to ...
  • Spend money, save money, give money
  • Market my services
  • Build a career (here in a new place)
  • Forgive
  • Serve
  • Witness to the lost
  • Live a life of purpose
  • Discipline
  • Be mentored and mentor others
  • Stay pure and avoid temptation
  • And more!
WISDOM. WISDOM. WISDOM. It comes from God and leads to life.

Got money problems? Pray for wisdom.
Got marriage problems? Pray for wisdom.
Got parenting troubles? Pray for wisdom.
Struggling with temptation and purity? Pray for wisdom.
Need direction in your job/career? Pray for wisdom.
Feel lost, confused? Pray for wisdom.
Need anything whatsoever? Pray for wisdom.

My desire is to wake up each day and pursue Christ and His wisdom. Through Christ, we will find life. Seek Him first. Pray for His wisdom to fill you. Trust it's best and leads to life. That's what I am clinging to! I must decrease so He can fill me up!

"Mark a life of discipline and live wisely; don't squander your precious life. Blessed the man, blessed the woman, who listens to me, awake and ready for each morning, alert and responsive as I start my day's work. When you find me, you find life, real life, to say nothing of God's good pleasure." verses 32-35

No comments:

Post a Comment