Saturday, July 13, 2013

One Year Ago...

One year ago, we loaded up the moving truck and headed out of Clinton toward North MS. We had been there since 1993; 19 years. Now, we were heading to a place that was unfamiliar, and toward a future that we were hopeful about but unsure where it would take us.

Two things that made it easier for us to move was: (1) We felt led by God, and (2) We were together, as a family. That was enough to give us the courage to leave and go. Though we had some fear and anxiety, we felt peace and excitement.

New Albany represents a new chapter in our lives. It already feels like home to me in many ways. It has so much to offer us as we continue our journey of healing. God has been very present and active in and around us from day one. His grace and blessings toward me, and us, is so amazing and humbling. How could He be so good to us after what I have done?

Because His love is not based on my behavior. That's good to know. His blessings may be tied to obedience, but His love is not. He is slow to anger, quick to forgive, and full of mercy and compassion. I have witnessed this truth repeatedly this past year more than ever.

So much has happened since we got to New Albany. We have been blessed over and over and have so many great memories, just one year later. I wish I could list them all. Great friends, church, great coaches and teammates for our boys, a beautiful home with great potential, family land 35 minutes away, a growing career for both of us, and so many great experiences that "country living" has to offer.

One of my favorite quotes over the years has been, "The will of God will never lead you to a place where His grace cannot sustain you." We are living this truth. My cup is overflowing with gratitude and amazement in who God is and what He has done.

I don't know what all the next year will hold for us here in North MS, but I know God is faithful, is good, and will never leave us or forsake us. He can be trusted, so that's what I want to do - full, relentless, trust and pursuit of Him.

The results are up to Him and are in His hands. "Lord, I believe, help my unbelief!" Come holy spirit! Lead me and do for me that which I am unable to do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment