Saturday, July 6, 2013

Tunnel Vision


Committing adultery is like having "tunnel vision." It is foolish and makes no rational or moral sense. But what I did, and others who have gone down it's ugly path, is believe its many lies. It CAN'T EVER deliver what it promises: fulfillment, escape, approval, and more. It's all lies and to believe them is foolish and leads to major problems. It is never worth it. I can attest to that truth.

One of the things I have had to work through and learn is TRUST. I didn't trust God at His word. He is trustworthy and so good, yet I basically spit in His face when I went down the path of adultery. Destruction and pain was sure to follow. How could I be so stupid, selfish and not heed His instruction and warning?

I am thankful that God refused to let me stay in my sin. He brought me out of it and said, "Enough." What a true act of grace and mercy. My consequences are HUGE but His grace is BIGGER. May I come to trust Him with my whole heart and soul. Change my heart, O God!! Do in me and for me that which only You can accomplish!!

I am reading a Proverb a day this month and read chapter 5 this week. The chapter description is"Pitfalls of Immorality." It is a direct warning about what happens when we don't heed instruction and believe the lies of adultery. A great reminder that my greatest fulfillment is found in my wife, not someone else is found in verses 15-20. May we all trust that Christ's way is and best!!! 

Proverbs 5:15-20 (The Message)
 Never Take Love for Granted
15-16 Do you know the saying, “Drink from your own rain barrel,
    draw water from your own spring-fed well”?
It’s true. Otherwise, you may one day come home
    and find your barrel empty and your well polluted.
17-20 Your spring water is for you and you only,
    not to be passed around among strangers.
Bless your fresh-flowing fountain!
    Enjoy the wife you married as a young man!
Lovely as an angel, beautiful as a rose—
    don’t ever quit taking delight in her body.
    Never take her love for granted!
Why would you trade enduring intimacies for cheap thrills with a whore?
    for dalliance with a promiscuous stranger?
To read the rest of the chapter in Proverbs 5 click here

No comments:

Post a Comment