Thursday, July 11, 2013

Ignore Correction and You're Lost for Good


Below is a link to a great article and resource from John Miller's website (and book) called "QBQ." It has inspired me, challenged me, and stretched me since reading the book less than two years ago. I NEED and WANT personal accountability. Sadly, though, I spent too many years without it and didn't allow others to help me in my "sanctification" journey. I got caught up in a web of lies and self-destruction.

Proverbs 10:17 (The Message) says it well, "The road to life is a disciplined life; ignore correction and you're lost for good." 

Before my "fall out" I definitely ignored correction and was even defensive about it. I was not a pleasant person to be around in many ways. The dark sin I was hiding was oozing out, though I worked very hard to hide it and deny it. In my recovery journey, QBQ has become very important to me. I need to be reminded that...

CHANGE STARTS WITH ME

I don't want to get bogged down by all the bad things that I have done and resort to shame, insecurity, blame or complaining. If I am not happy with how things are going in my life, etc., then I need to ask, "What can I do to make a difference? What do I need to stop doing and start doing, TODAY? What is my role and responsibility in my healing and recovery?"

This type of thinking doesn't come naturally to me, so I have to work at it. The question I have had to ask myself honestly for the past two years, "Do I trust Christ or not?" Many days I don't. I am tired of giving up, giving in, and giving out. I want to reach my full potential and become the man He created me to be. I can't do this alone. I need others to hold me accountable and walk with me. I want to do that for others as well.

Enjoy the message of QBQ and hopefully apply this truth into your life today:

Accountability - Bringing a Coach Into My Life 

PS - I give the Christian brothers in my life "complete freedom to provide me candid input without fear of defensiveness and recrimination on my part."

No comments:

Post a Comment