Monday, September 23, 2013

Amy's Grace Story

Yesterday, really all week, Amy demonstrated tremendous courage, faith, and submission to God's leading. Her "grace story" played Sunday morning at church during the sermon. It was very powerful, and watching her share her story was big to me. Our prayer is that God uses it to give other couples courage to get help and hang on to hope.

God's sustaining grace in her life started long before she was betrayed by me. In our darkest moments, only Christ Jesus is able to sustain us. He knows our suffering, our pain and our desperate need for His faith, His hope, His love, and His grace.

Sharing our story with our church family of 500+ did expose us a bit, but it's not about us really. God is the hero of our story. Only because of His grace and work in our lives do we have a story to tell. I am grateful Amy stayed and has stood with me from day one. I am grateful I stayed and have allowed God to work on me, in and through me. It's a testimony of His power and strength and goodness.

I hope to put her video testimony on a blog post soon to be shared with others. May God bless it and use it to give others hope and the courage necessary to walk through their painful situation(s).

Psalm 40 (NIV)

I waited patiently for the Lord;
    he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
    out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
    and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
    a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord
    and put their trust in him.
Blessed is the one
    who trusts in the Lord,
who does not look to the proud,
    to those who turn aside to false gods.[b]
Many, Lord my God,
    are the wonders you have done,
    the things you planned for us.
None can compare with you;
    were I to speak and tell of your deeds,
    they would be too many to declare.

No comments:

Post a Comment