Thursday, August 15, 2013

"Why did dad get fired?"

My 10 year old recently asked Amy (his mom) why I got fired from the church back in 2011. She said to ask me when I got home. He said, "It's been like two years ago, so he probably doesn't remember." I laughed and said, "Well, I am off the hook on that question!" Knowing I am really not.

He hasn't asked me yet, but the harsh reality is that I will have to sit him down face to face and answer it at some point. I dread it. It's one reason adultery is never the answer. The consequences are deep, life long and painful. I regret so badly my sin and past. I know God will get us through this, too, but I pray my children will be able to handle such devastating information.

I am preparing to sit down with him at some point. It won't be easy. I will try to reassure him, comfort him, encourage him and share with him the consequences of sin and God's amazing grace. It may hurt him in ways I may or may not see right away. Hopefully he will talk openly about it with us/me.

Lord, be with him. Help him turn to you and find peace and comfort. Sin sucks like hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment